**** DONE: 1/48 P-47N Expected Goose - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Mr. Wint. I have a 4 hour round trip to the LHS, where my paint options are very limited, Tamiya, Vallejo and some very sketchy Humbrol, so before I break down and start to spray, I need to know quite a few things.

Geo

I tend toward the Tamiya or Model Master line for spraying both require just a bit of thinning unless really old and I have no complaints. For small area brushing I'll use just about anything except lacquer paints. In 1/48 a single engine fighter figure 1/4 bottle or so. 2-engine (like the Widow) 1/2 bottle. Big 4-engine 3/4 to 1 full bottle.
If it's a camo scheme the lightest color is the whole aircraft or 1/2 if just the top part. The remaing camo colors just part of the top.
Always guess high. My nearest hobby store is a 6hr round trip so I tend to get most supplies via Ebay

Last edited:
The second coat of silver went on a couple of days ago but I just pulled off the masks off today. The pictures don't do a very good job of showing the contrast between the two shades of silver. I also finished painting the HVAR's and went ahead and painted the yellow wing bands and tail. First time I sprayed yellow over silver and it went on real nice, even better that over white.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread