**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I put up in your other thread, build away Evan. It would be the first time two identical kits were built in the same GB (maybe it is, what do I know). Anyhoo.....starting to detail the innards. Drill out some holes..

001.JPG

Some time, while moving my children hither and yon, I've relocated my instrument decals and P.E. belts. If I don't find them in a fortnight, I won't open the entry hatch and I'll close the canopy...

002.JPG

...I know, I know...compass is grey. I mixed up some colors for the seat (after I painted it interior green) but I think it might be a little too orange. It's actually o̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶r̶, o̶r̶a̶n̶g̶i̶e̶r̶ more orange in the photo. When it sets, I'll dry brush some brown over it and touch-up the back cushion.

001.JPG

Geo

Not that far off Geo. I little bit of brown dry brush should do the trick though.

Also not the first time two exact same models done in the same GB. Karl and I are both doing McKnight's Hurricane by Italeri. Sergio is doing the same Ju-88G-6 I was planning and I may yet do it as well for this GB.

Thanks Andy. Found some seatbelts. M is correct?

001.JPG

Found my instrument decals but they are Luftwaffe ones so I'll go through the stash and find some. I.P. done for now

003.JPG

Seat has been improved...

007.JPG
006.JPG

Geo

That belt looks right Geo but there should also be a Y-shaped piece going from the back of the shoulder points and meeting at a slot in the cushion area in the small of the pilot's back. The Tamiya seat does not have the slot.

suttonharnesstb_1.jpg

Thanks guy. Side walls are done. I tried to add more wash to the rear in hopes it would be seen when the fuselage was closed....nope.

098.JPG
099.JPG

Wings went together nicely and a test-fit of the left wingtip showed a good fit.

100.JPG

Geo

Test fitting the undercarriage selector piping. Tamiya's method has one build up the cockpit and then inserting it into the closed fuselage making this hard to do later.

103.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Not much too show. Painted the area ahead of the I.P., added some dials to said I.P.( just the 6 main ones though). Added the radiator de-mister thingee and test fit the housing. Might need a bit of work to sit flush and painted the grills. Still need to add the braces to the back of the housing but that's another week.

003.JPG
009.JPG

That's it for another week, camp bus in 3.5hrs. Have a good week gentlemen.

Geo

As I put up in your other thread, build away Evan. It would be the first time two identical kits were built in the same GB (maybe it is, what do I know).

Thanks mate, but as I just wrote in the Mozzie thread, better to keep it varied I reckon. Being allowed to bring the Mozzie over to here is a great relief though, very grateful to you guys for that!

Also as mentioned, may enter her sister ship JU-E though (Dull Red codes, miniature C-type roundels) as a comparison -time permitting. This would just be a quick build of the inaccurate Revell 1:72 kit for my son, not a detail build like you're doing. (My JU-H will be done later, not for this GB)

Great work so far Geo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back