**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks like this one may be one of your best George
As I put up in your other thread, build away Evan. It would be the first time two identical kits were built in the same GB (maybe it is, what do I know).
Wayne and I both did the same P-40 back in the commonwealth group build.

I had an idea about showing the different camo colors through the black. It's a lot of work but you could do the standard camo patern but use two different shades of black, like a standard flat black and a very very dark gray. Then you could do paint chipping with the standard gray and green camo colors

Thanks guys. Added the braces to housing, painted since the photo was taken.

297.JPG

Still looking for suitable material to make the transmitter/receiver control.

Geo

Yessir, this also from the site - "...This is the type 5003 radio controller unit, typical for the Mk. V and its TR1133 or TR1143 radio set."

Geo

Ok. I would say you can use a piece of a thick sprue and cut out the basic cuboid using a file. Also you may use a couple of small plates with part numbers of a mould frame glued together. Of course you have to sand down the digits there firstly. Then you may shape the box. Later you can stick the brown knobs that you may make using a thin stick made of a stretched sprue. The wire there shouldn't be any trouble.

Oops we criss-crossed posts. The one in your pic looks good.

Oh ... BTW ...

251088.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne and very nice Wojtek. Just waiting for the paint to dry, add the wiring and glue into position. It's not the work of the maestro, it's a bit over scale and under detailed but it will suit me. While looking at the cockpit photos at the Spitfire site I noticed this lever and found another shot at another site, neither of which show the exact lay of the lever. Does anyone have a shot of the cockpit shooting from the right.

Untitled.jpg

It's the radiator flap control lever. Not sure why it hasn't been included in any Spitfire kit I've build as it looks pretty prominent and would be easy to mold

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back