**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wayne. Second coat has be applied to the top and when dry, the bottom will be done. Still debating on factory fresh or weathered, but then, factory fresh wouldn't be much of a challenge.

002.JPG

Geo

Looks good Geo. As for that tire, the Tamiya kit is a lot older than that restored Spitfire. Nonetheless, there are probably plenty of tires around from which they took their measurements.

Thanks Andy. I never noticed the size of the lettering before. Not going to go overboard on weathering; around the wing roots, leading edges and what I'm assuming is fuel discoloration around the front of the cockpit. I'm going to tone it down a bit later.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

Not meant as a criticism... those letters on the tire just stood out to me for some reason. It looks like there is some photographic documentation for that kind of lettering so you can disregard the comment! The camo looks pretty neat... all-black Spitfire isn't something you often see. And I like little variations that you've done to black surface.

Thanks guys. Sitting on the camp bus and I remember that I forgot to ask a question. How are the brake lines routed? I've found two photos; one showing the line following the trailing edge of the cover and one tucking in behind the strut about half way down. Thanks for any advice and have a good week gentlemen

Geo

Thanks guys, Christmas came early this week thanks to Karl(Rochie) in the form of the proper prop, kit prop on the right needs the blades to be mounted separately...

002.JPG

...a quick test fit shows some fiddling will be required...

003.JPG

...the prop slipped off the mounts and voila...

006.JPG

...it fits much better than shown in the photo. Some minor cleanup and the fit will almost be seamless. Many thanks to Karl and as I mentioned in the PM to him, it's fantastic how the modelers on this site help each other out.

Geo

Excellent fix on the prop Geo! I agree about the generosity on this site... I've received everything from decals to an entire kit because of the tremendous sense of community here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back