**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Karl. I find it odd that an all but invisible seat adjustment lever can be made yet this is left out. PM received, I'll let you know when the prop arrives.

012.JPG

A test fit of the fuselage show a slight step that can be removed by sanding the wing roots which are a very tight fit.

002.JPG

Geo

The lever is in the old Hasegawa 1/32 nd scale Spit V kit, and I think, from memory, in the ICM MkVIII kit too.
That step should snap into place if the wings are 'spread' a bit, and the fuselage 'pinched' Geo - it did when I built mine a couple of years back.

It's not in the ICM kits. I believe the radiator flaps from the MkIX onwards were automatic so no manual lever.

Last edited:
Thanks gents. Lever added, managed to knock off part of the harness. Tuck in the back part of the harness, scratch out some IP dials(couldn't leave it alone), add IP, control column final touch-ups and I can seal this puppy up.

a.jpg

Geo

Many thanks. Had a micro heart attack and then a flashback to Thursday night. As I was taking out "A" sprue to remove a part and thought I felt something hit my leg but ignored it. Today I went to remove Pt.A-26, the air filter, and it wasn't there. Of course, it won't be found until this build is finished but in the meantime I scrambled over to my stash for my Desert Spit hoping it would be in the box. Luckily the kit came with 3 different filters...

001.JPG

The wing/fuselage fit will only require a bit of cleanup.

Geo

Looking great so far Geo! I think that controller box looks about the right size too - well done!

On the subject of Spitty kit details, all I've seen mould the cockpit spars, longerons and details running off under the wing. Have, or have seen, most 1:72 kits, and many 1:48 kits, and only the Fujimi 1:72 kits had a curved insert to properly represent the inward curving of the cockpit floor. Wonder why that is?

All righty...we have a Spitfire.

001.JPG

On a plus note, I found the missing intake. I'm going to experiment with some ideas on how to break up the monotonous black, however, brush painting has it's limitations. Now that the last of my kids have moved out I can finally practice with my airbrush but for the life of me, I can't remember where I stored my compressor when I moved them in.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back