**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

not gone to town on the cockpit as i intend to build the canopy closed so not a lot will be seen !
MkVII cockpit.jpg

thanks Charles

ok a bit more work has been done.
pic 1 shows the cut out needed as MB 882 had a retractable tail wheel, being a later version of a MkXII
pics 2 3 show the wings together and the holes drilled to install the slipper tank below the center line.
pics 4 5 show the fuselage together (green still looking a tad bright but to the naked eye it is acceptable to me.
pic 6 shows the excellent fit of the wings and fuselage

Picture 299.jpg

Picture 302.jpg

Picture 303.jpg

Picture 300.jpg

Picture 301.jpg

Picture 304.jpg

Nice work Red One. Got to get me one of those kits - been waiting for one for donkey's years, but now it's available, I haven't got around to ordering one!

the sum of this mornings work
pics 1 2 the nose was finished by adding the farings that cover the bigger Griffon engine.
pics 3 4 the tail finished with the elevators and rudder angled for a bit of a dramatic look.
pics 5 6 showing the Spitfire shape
pic 7 the rad, oil cooler and slipper tank

Picture 309.jpg

Picture 310.jpg

Picture 307.jpg

Picture 308.jpg

Picture 305.jpg

Picture 306.jpg

Picture 311.jpg

Looking good Karl. I like that you deflected the tail control surfaces, something I do as often as I can. It lends a more realistic air to the finished model in my opinion. I like the slipper tank too, usually omitted from kits excpet for ICM who supply the HUGE ferry tank but not the smaller ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back