**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good for diorama stuff though. My LHS is a bit limited, but has a reasonable variety of kits, tools, materials etc, and if Iris, the owner, can get a particular item, it's normally there within a couple of days, which is helpful. Anything more 'exotic', I have to get via mail order/internet, which is fine unless it's a product I need to see before buying - like the fine mesh I've just ordered via the 'net!

wheels exhausts and cannons done and am on with the canopy right now

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Ah poo!They'll be too small to find again! Have to make one out of a piece of thin card or foil - more scratch-building practice for you mate!

Wonderful job Karl. I agree with Terry - one of your best.

The only knock I have about that kit - no fault of yours - is the rather prominent recessed panel lines but looks great all the same.

Karl, she looks so smashing I started being envious. :cool:

Just one tip for future. Applying of the yellow colour is aways a trouble. It is because the colour doesn't cover a surface as nicely as other paints ( e.g, greay ones.) It appears that a gloss clear varnish is a very good undercoat for it. For the reason I would suggest applying of the yellow paint on a primmered in the way surface. Because you covered the model with the gloss coat for putting decal marking on... it would be a good prime coat for the colour. Therefore you should have applied it shortly before decal markings .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back