**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks Charles

ok a bit more work has been done.
pic 1 shows the cut out needed as MB 882 had a retractable tail wheel, being a later version of a MkXII
pics 2 3 show the wings together and the holes drilled to install the slipper tank below the center line.
pics 4 5 show the fuselage together (green still looking a tad bright but to the naked eye it is acceptable to me.
pic 6 shows the excellent fit of the wings and fuselage

Nice work Red One. Got to get me one of those kits - been waiting for one for donkey's years, but now it's available, I haven't got around to ordering one!

the sum of this mornings work
pics 1 2 the nose was finished by adding the farings that cover the bigger Griffon engine.
pics 3 4 the tail finished with the elevators and rudder angled for a bit of a dramatic look.
pics 5 6 showing the Spitfire shape
pic 7 the rad, oil cooler and slipper tank

Looking good Karl. I like that you deflected the tail control surfaces, something I do as often as I can. It lends a more realistic air to the finished model in my opinion. I like the slipper tank too, usually omitted from kits excpet for ICM who supply the HUGE ferry tank but not the smaller ones.

Users who are viewing this thread