**** DONE: 1/48 Wellington Mk.III - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You take care Jeff.

Thanks Wayne. I never realized how much Mother Superior does around here.

Starboard wing is well under way and this model is going to be a bit larger than I expected. I better start thinking about where I am going to put her.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Cheers all,

Jeff

It's coming along very nicely Jeff, and thanks for the extra info re the spar boxes.
It's quite surprising how big the Wellington actually is, and in model form, it requires almost the same display space as a Lancaster !

Construction has reached to the point where I felt I could apply the first coat of matt black. Bringing her together upstairs revealed a few areas where touchup is needed and this will be done later today. A quick dry fit for picture purposes and a couple of pics with others for size comparisons.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

I was able to spend some more time this afternoon and early evening with the Welly. Here is how she stood at the end of the day. The wings are not glued into place and the elevators are sitting beside the ship as their alignment holes are currently covered or the tape is in the way.

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

In addition I have started to attach the 30 small bomb bay doors.

Cheers,

Jeff

With each passing day this project creeps closer to completion. The starboard wing has been painted as has the top of the fuselage. I am now thinking that I have allowed the black to creep a tad high up the fuselage but I like the overall finish so I do not want to risk ruining anything by attempting a respray.

Again the wings and tailplanes are just set but not glued into place. I will have to pop the canopy as I can now see it is not aligned just right and I still have to finish 24 more bomb bay doors. The entire aircraft has been sprayed with future so the decals will be applied before final assembly as it is much easier to get them into position this way.

I just keep telling myself to take it slowly. Anyway, here is how she looks as of right now.

Once again I want to thank everyone who has provided assistance and tips with the building of this kit.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back