**** DONE: 1/48 Wellington Mk.III - Allied Manufactured Aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I made it to the Hobby shop this morning and the first order of business in the restart of production was to mix some paint to get to what I think is a fairly close resemblance of interior dope red. It is a mix of red, white and brown and seeing as very little of it will be visible after the fuselage halves are joined, I am prepared to leave it as it stands. The first picture shows the left side fuselage interior after painting.

IMG_0006.JPG

The second photo shows the right side of the fuselage with the front end offices set into place to give some idea of how the interior will look. Again, most of this will not be visible so one is left with knowing the work that took place before joining the fuselage halves. The left fuselage half is also shown.

IMG_0007.JPG

The third photo has the two fuselage halves set together. Fit will require some fine adjustments, lots of clamps and perhaps a bit of putty afterwards. The photo does show though how little of the interior will be visible.

IMG_0009.JPG

I am still debating whether to do the aluminum ribs in silver seeing as they will not be seen. I will do the ones visible in the side windows.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks fellas. Got the rear turret finished today. As well, I have put the rudder and elevators together. No photos yet of today's progress but they will be coming. I have the innards and the front and rear turret dry fitted downstairs and the fuselage held together with masking tape. She fits not too bad but it will be tricky to assemble. he will require some finesse and a gentle touch as there are lots of tidily bits to be broken off if I am not careful.

Cheers,

Jeff

The cockpit/bomb bay assembly has glued into place as has the front turret. The tail and elevators are set into place as is the rear turret. The landing gear which included PE interior walls have been completed and are ready to be attached into the wings when the wings have been constructed.

Fuselage is taped together to help hold everything in place while cement hardens.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Looks wonderful so far! Are you concerned about the wing/fuselage connection? Just looking at the fuselage, it doesn't look like there is much to hang the wings on.

Looks wonderful so far! Are you concerned about the wing/fuselage connection? Just looking at the fuselage, it doesn't look like there is much to hang the wings on.

There are two small holes in each side of the fuselage and a " spar" of considerable size will fit into these via two tabs and the flat sided surface of the spar will be glued against the fuselage side. The wing is then attached to the spar so everything should be okie dokie. Keen eye Mr. Kim, very keen eye!

Cheers,

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back