**** DONE: 1/48 Wellington Mk.III - Allied Manufactured Aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is how she stands at the end of today.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

I can say without a doubt this is the first aircraft model I have ever done that comes with the Elsan.

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice work so far Jeff. As far as I know though, only one control column should be fitted to an operational aircraft.
The bomb load would depend on the target - 'area bombing' would normally consist of a mixture of 500lb GP bombs, and SBC's of incendiaries, but could also be a full load of 500lb or 1,000lb GP, or 2,000lb MC bombs, with the 'heavies' doing the bulk of the work, and the Wellingtons making up numbers.

Nice work so far Jeff. As far as I know though, only one control column should be fitted to an operational aircraft.
The bomb load would depend on the target - 'area bombing' would normally consist of a mixture of 500lb GP bombs, and SBC's of incendiaries, but could also be a full load of 500lb or 1,000lb GP, or 2,000lb MC bombs, with the 'heavies' doing the bulk of the work, and the Wellingtons making up numbers.

Easy enough to remove one control column and 2000 pound bombs it is. Might as well make it easy on myself.

Thanks again.

Jeff

You're welcome Jeff. I can't be certain, but I think the rear fuselage floor was plain, varnished wood, or possibly the common 'Cockpit grey-green', with a dark, anti-slip walkway.

You're welcome Jeff. I can't be certain, but I think the rear fuselage floor was plain, varnished wood, or possibly the common 'Cockpit grey-green', with a dark, anti-slip walkway.

Thanks Terry, I think I will just leave it for now as one will not be able to see any or so little of the interior aft of the cockpit. Once I get to the stage of joining the fuselage halves, if I am mistaken about how muck interior one can see, I will make the change then.

Cheers,

Jeff

OK Jeff, no problem. I've been trying to locate a magazine with a build article, which showed some added detail in the fuselage, but I'm b*gg*red if I know where it is !!

Hey all, not much of an update but I went with the 2 X 2000lb bombs as it was the simplest way of adding a bombload.
It is a statutory holiday here in Ontario today so I am off to London to visit my mother as she turns 80 on Wednesday of this week.

Have a good one,

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks to all... Not much progress has been made, I did a bit of a daft thing the other day slicing the tip of my left thumb pretty good so I have to wait for it to heal a bit before I can hold onto things properly. She is all wrapped up tight.

Cheers,

Jeff

Great starts on a great kit...
Looking at things, she'll work out great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back