**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Whirlwind Mk.I - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

masked her up today, ready for paint, but camera was dead as a maggot, think the battery must be cactus, only charged it a few days ago....pics will have to be tomorrow now after i charge my other battery. Hopefully will put the Grey on and start the green.

After a roller coaster ride the past few days I have pushed forward, yesterday sucked , no matter what just could not get things right for painting....airbrush being a pain, paint not wanting to play the game, gave up in frustration....today used my other identical airbrush with same nozzle set and had no problem at all with anything, just ran out of lunchtime to finish the green so bit more work tomorrow.

Clearly I will not be done by Sunday, gonna take me an extra week to finish it.....

Here I am at close of play today......

Attachments

• 80_Canopy Masked_2277.jpg
    80_Canopy Masked_2277.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 135
  • 81_Canopy Masked_2278.jpg
    81_Canopy Masked_2278.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 82_Upper Camo_2283.jpg
    82_Upper Camo_2283.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 83_Upper Camo_2286.jpg
    83_Upper Camo_2286.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Guys.

have finished the green and retouched up the inner black stripe, will touch up some spots of upper grey tomorrow and then be ready for some gloss...don't have many decals to put on this one...

Thanks guys, sadly I didn't get any time on her this weekend, so the final stages will commence tomorrow with finishing the paint, and will pull out all stops to be done next weekend as it's a 3 day weekend! :D

Oh, this is a great looking model Wayne!
I like your painting technique, camo looks very, very good.
Can't wait to see the end result!

Primary paint is done....gloss tomorrow.

Attachments

• 83_Main Paint done_2288.jpg
    83_Main Paint done_2288.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 84_Paint done_2290.jpg
    84_Paint done_2290.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 85_Main Paint done_2292.jpg
    85_Main Paint done_2292.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back