**** DONE: GB-35 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk - Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks really good Andy! :thumbleft: I think you nailed the colours in the end.

Only very minor comments are that the fasteners you've done with the pencil look a bit stark to me so maybe go over them with a soft brush to tone down and in the second last pic you have a dreaded fingerprint on the anti-glare panel which will hopefully come off with some soapy water.

Yep, noticed that finger print too. I've been so careful to handle the model with a tissue where my fingers go but the one time.....

As for the fasteners, point taken. I was trying to replicate some that I've seen like that in pics but damned if I can find them now. I may tone it down a tad but at any rate, the area was quite worn on the actual aircraft:

A-4B Skyhawk  142833, VA-95 GREEN LIZARDS, USS Intrepid, 12 March 1967, by Duane A Kasulka.jpg

Thanks Michael.

Well. I'm calling this one done. Since yesterday, I cleaned up the finger print, added some wear at the elevators, and toned down the panel fasteners. The finger print issue is odd. Though it showed up in the picture, I couldn't for the life of me see it in real life, even with magnifiers on. Nonetheless, I gave the area a good wipe down, then shot some flat clear on it again because it buffed up a bit glossy. It then started to chalk a bit so I decided to leave it alone.

Below are the last batch of pics and I'll post up the finished pics in a minute. As you can see, it's a very small model when set next to a 6 inch ruler. Apart from the noted decal issues, I would say Airfix did a superb job on this kit as the fit of the parts was excellent and no filler was needed. Most importantly, it was a fun build.

Thanks everyone for following along, for your support, and for your helpful suggestions/critiques which are always welcome.

17102701.jpg
17102702.jpg
17102703.jpg
17102704.jpg
17102705.jpg
17102706.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back