**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf 109E-4 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps !

Yes Andy, the flap indicator is painted (could do with a tidy up, too !). The decal is not included on this issue of the kit (Bf109E4/E7 Trop.).
Mike, Andy is correct - the pennant indicates the Staffelkapitaen, and is in the colour of 9 Staffel. These were rigid pennants, in light alloy sheet.

Bit of a temporary halt (I hope !), as my wrists are swollen and exceptionally painful - typing with one thumb at the moment - so can't continue until this flare-up subsides - b*gger !!

Like the look of that Terry.

That period of full yellow recognition markings before they started toning down and removing some of the yellow and adding mottling to the fuselage sides....

Thanks Geo and Wayne.
This one is the period before the full yellow I.D. markings Wayne, and only lasted around 10 to 14 days approximately, before the noses got the yellow, and the yellow full rudders etc, although of course there were exceptions and 'hybrids', with the earlier style continuing, on some aircraft, into mid-September.

As I seem to have got 'stuck in' on the 'Gustav', I have yet to do the couple of areas to be re-touched, and add the antenna wire, but I should get that done very soon.

Thanks very much Glenn.
There are a couple of small areas that could be better, but overall, I'm fairly pleased with the way it turned out.
Just another seven 'Emils' to add to the BoB collection now - two more Tamiya, to Airfix, and three Hobbycraft.

As soon as I get the gloss coat on the 'Gustav', I'll attend to the antenna wires for this model, whilst the varnish dries overnight.

Thanks John.
For this BoB collection, I'm aiming to have one Bf109 representative for each JG taking part during a specific time period, and this should allow the progression of camouflage schemes and the coloured I.D. markings to be displayed, with each model looking different in some way, some more than others.

Sounds good Wayne.
I still haven't decided whether to do Mayerweissflog's JG53 aircraft, or another 'odd ball' scheme from the Geschwader.

Sounds good Wayne.
I still haven't decided whether to do Mayerweissflog's JG53 aircraft, or another 'odd ball' scheme from the Geschwader.

Meyerweissflog's bird is on the list, at some point was going to ask your opinion on it.
referenced as an E-1 but appears to be upgraded to an E-4, squared canopy and wing cannons or is an E-4?
Should be 71/02/65 plus and as crash report detail states some 02? and or light Grey mottling added to fuselage and maybe wings too?

It was an E-4 Wayne (or possibly E-3 with the later, 'square' canopy, I'd need to check the details).
It seems to have been painted in 'greys', sort of the forerunner of RLM 74/75/76, with a fuselage mottle. I'll ge some stuff together and e-mail it to you within the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back