**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Bf 109E-4 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gotta be careful with some of those crash report colour descriptions. From what I have read, these were often subjective and interpreted differently.

It was an E-4 Wayne (or possibly E-3 with the later, 'square' canopy, I'd need to check the details).
It seems to have been painted in 'greys', sort of the forerunner of RLM 74/75/76, with a fuselage mottle. I'll ge some stuff together and e-mail it to you within the next day or two.

Cheers Terry.
Andy it's open to discussion always hard to know exactly.
Given the time frame I really think it's 71/02/65, plus something? but with the types of description and interpretation it's going to be possible that a grey could have been introduced, in the mottling effect.

The tones in the photo of his crashed aircraft do suggest greys - the upper fuselage splinter looks darker than 71/02, and the fuselage sides have a different tone to how RLM 65 normally looks in pics. I was sent another pic of the crashed '109, taken from the front, and not published before, but I'm still trying to find the darned thing !
Anyway, I'll sort some stuff and send it to you soon.

Done - Bf109E-4, Gerhard Schopfel, 9/JG26, August 1940.

Somewhat later than intended, but with the addition of the antenna wires, and a bit of a dust off, it's DONE !
The 'Finished' thread will follow very soon.

Bf109 Schopfel build 187.JPG

Thanks Wojtek and Andy.
I've just noticed, I forgot to clean out the yellow paint from the holes I drilled in the representation of the tie down points which, on the real aircraft, were rings.
Sod it, it'll have to stay as it is now !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back