**** DONE: GB-36 1/72 BF 109E-4 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent !
Really pleased you were able to save and re-use the decals. Wojtek's suggestion paid off well, and normally works - the trick being to catch the 'floating' decal without it folding over.
Can only go onward and upwards now !

Poked my head into the workshop at lunchtime. A small amount of water damage to the water based acrylic painted wings has unfortunately developed. It looks to me to be some sought of bleeding effect, possibly the setting fluid, of which I used bucket loads.

strange thing is, this water damage is not where the decals are, but a few mms removed from them.

During lunch I painted a small amount of clear lacquer onto the decals, to harden them up. ,I will rectify the other damage tonite I think.

This model is just never ending with the little challenges it throws at me......

yeah alright I get that, Tonite I completed the touch ups of the wings (I think) I will take photos once I can remove all the masking but seems alright from what I can see. I'm basically back where I was three days ago, except the wing crosses are now fitted correctly. I have to apply the port side fuselage decals, then I'm done with the decals. After that I have the LG, the rudder the tail wheel the canopy and the aerial. Getting there but some work to do as well

bit more progress over the last couple of days....
{G and tail rudder.jpg

Decals stbd aftquarter III.jpg

Decals port aftquarter II.jpg

underside II.jpg

Thanks everyone. Decalling has progressed still further, but a few still to go. Lots of really tiny decals to dofor this kite.

I have to make a decision soon about weathering. I like the way John has approached that using acrylic chalk. I tried it on the Raiden and no real dramas . The effect I would look for is a really pared back weathering effect with accentuated panel line effects. I no longer think this aircraft was particularly messy or wetherbeaten. The "vibe" I get from Von Werra is that he was a fairly intense personality, thats not someone who would fly into battle with a sloppy looking a/c. MaybeIm wrong. But in any event, the details of the decals would be riskedif i weather up the fuselage too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back