**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 BF109G-14 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank-you my Australian friends. I got the wings on the other day and have had to apply some very small amounts of Tamiya primer that I'm using as filler. I'll show pics of this later but in the meantime will show you the Erla hood with the scratch removed ( not a great pic - sorry) and the gunsight. The latter is the kit part with the reflector lens removed and replaced with clear sheet from short packaging.

Thanks Wojtek. You are always watching and I appreciate it!

Before attaching the oil cooler, I drilled a small hole in the scoop and fuselage to receive the stiffening bar that is something that needs to be added to all 109 G kits in my collection.

Some further filling is needed where the rear wing edge meets the fuselage, though the seam is not as bad as the amount of primer suggests.

The canopy is now glued in place and needs to be masked before it gets scratched again.

Here is some of the minor filling that was needed at the wing root. Overall, the fit is very good.

That's all for today guys. Thanks again for tagging along.

I know what a beautiful job you are carrying up to now, it is very nice the painting work of the interior, keep it up, my friend, it is a pleasure for the eyes to see these works

This morning I masked the canopy and shot on some interior colour on the frames and, with the left over paint, shot some on the various seams I worked on to see how they look. I'm not impressed with the fit of the Erla hood at the back and I may need to do something about it or it will keep bugging me. There's also a step at the windscreen where it meets the fuselage. I've had this before on my other Hasegawa 109's....

With that, I will park this build for a while as I will be in Ontario for a brief family visit, returning late Sunday. Thanks again for following along.

Thanks gents.

Looking good Andy. Maybe some subtle shaving here and there will get the canopy to sit better.

That's the only way methinks. Tricky job though as the bottom frames need to remain of constant thickness. The front lines up nicely with the windscreen frame so can't affect that either. Still pondering this one but can't do anything til I'm back Monday anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread