**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Heinkel He-51 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Username:Javlin
First name:Kevin
Category:Intermediate
Scale:1/48
Manufacturer:Classic Airframes
Addons:Quickboost pipes,tailplanes,MG's

I am giving another show to a CA kit for a group build and hope it finishes better than the Fiat42 biplane did?The only thing extra and not really an extra is the rigging being added.The color scheme will be that depicted on the box cover if all goes will I may make a 2nd entry the PCM 202 ;)

gb36 002.JPG

gb36 003.JPG

Last edited:
Good one. Not quite sure if it qualifies for WW2, although I think they were still used in a secondary role at the start of the conflict.
However, it's still acceptable as far as I'm concerned, and good to see some lesser-known types in the GB.

Good one. Not quite sure if it qualifies for WW2, although I think they were still used in a secondary role at the start of the conflict.
However, it's still acceptable as far as I'm concerned, and good to see some lesser-known types in the GB.
That much crossed my mind as well but looking at the markings was thinking 38/39 training etc.

Thks Fellas may get a bit done tonight tomorrow the wrist gets done but start PT 12/19 so it looks like smooth sailing after that ;)

Well so much for OOB I have edit intro for Quickboost exhaust,tailplanes and MG's.I also started working on the radiator tonight and used an old PE rad grill for a 1/32 ME109 I had left over and fitted it.The copit is in sub assemblies awaiting paint and details will post pics tomorrow.The CA kits are somewhat Limited Run kits and require alot of dry fitting and I fear the struts on this to some degree as of the old Cr42 build sometime back some reason metal rods are playing in the head ATTM :dontknow:

Some pics of last night's work.The white sprue is for alignment purposes kinda like the the really old kits were they had ledges before the before the pin/hole we now use.I try to glue as much to that side for strength and cut/file back then one has to file the remaining piece at a downward angle for the opposing piece to slide upon.I am about to start painting the RLM02 for the interior was thinking about ordering an interior set but really you would never appreciate it except for the pics here.That upper wing is plaguing me but I see...........
gb36 001.JPG
gb36 003.JPG

Looking good Kevin. Not sure why the wing is plaguing you.

Well Andy it's hardly a nub sticking of the struts and a hole i have to drill in the wings so 1)no real glue surface 2) no inclination of the angle forwards/back/left/right.I am thinking ATTM of using a decent gauge copper wire in the base of the struts to allow me to move the incident of angle to the upper wing.I would then set her up from that point if works here maybe I revisit the Cr42 :dontknow:

There's no hole in the upper or lower wing just a mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back