**** DONE: GB-37 1/48th He-111H-4 - Helicopters/Military Aircraft of the BoB 1940 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps.
I should get this finished some time over the weekend - but it's a public holiday here in the UK, and the weather, for once, is warm and sunny, so my priorities are somewhat different !

Strange - I thought I'd replied yesterday, but the post isn't there !
Only been to the pub once over the long, holiday weekend. Spent some time getting things done around the house, and cleaning and preparing the 'Tin Tent' ready for the summer (if we get one !).
Hoping to get the Heinkel finished either tonight or by tomorrow - pics soon.

A little later than expected, but almost done.
Got the various antennae in place, along with the nav lamps, dorsal gun and canopy, and the props. Just got to re-touch a couple of areas, and fit the antenna wire and waist guns, give it a dust-down, and it'll be finished.

PIC 1. The trailing aerial fairlead tube was added, using a length of plastic rod, with a small blob of CA on the end to represent the weight, painted a dark grey colour.
PICS 2 and 3. The kit supplied the very small wing-tip nav lamps, which were fitted and then painted in clear green for starboard, and clear red for port. The tail lamp part was just too tiny to handle, so the clear lens over a white lamp was simulated using PVA., only just visible in this pic.
PICS 4 and 5. The D/F antenna (under the canopy), dorsal gun and mount, canopy, and radio antenna mast, the latter needing a little re-touching around the base. The tip of the mast has had a small notch cut into it, to accept the 'invisible' thread antenna wire, and will be re-touched once this has been fitted.
PIC 6. The props have been fitted, after toning-down the abrasion and the 'VDM' decals. The spinners are painted in the Staffel colour.
PIC 7. How the model looks to date.

I should get the waist gun barrels and the antenna wire fitted tomorrow, or Saturday at latest, and I'll post the finished pics and thread once they're done, some time over the weekend.

He-111 KG26 Build 428.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 445.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 430.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 432.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 433.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 440.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 450.JPG

Thanks, Kirby and Hugh.
I was hoping to get this finished by today, but my CA adhesive has dried up - can't get any until tomorrow, so should have the antenna wire and waist guns fitted then, and post the 'finished' thread.

Been so tied up trying to get the Spitfire finished, with a couple of problems spraying clear coat, that I didn't get back to this one.
I should have the antenna wire and beam guns fitted tomorrow, and call it done.

Been a bit busy with other things this week, and not had any time to get back to the bench. But all being well, I should get this finished by tomorrow night (Sunday).

Done !

Got the antenna wire fitted, using 'Invisible' mending thread, with PVA for the tensioners and insulators, and the beam gun barrels fitted.
I'll post the 'Finished' thread very soon.

He-111 KG26 Build 451.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 453.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 459.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 462.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back