**** DONE: GB-37 1/48th He-111H-4 - Helicopters/Military Aircraft of the BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps.
Got the pitot tube made, from alloy tube and brass rod, and fitted to the wing but not yet painted. The MG15s have had their spent case 'bags' removed and have been painted, with the magazines fitted, and attached to their respective transparent parts, ready for fitting to the model, and a little more dirt and grime has been applied around the areas of the upper wings used by the ground crews.
I'll post some pics later tonight, when there's something more substantial to show - the machine guns don't show up very well on their own !

A couple of pics to be going on with, more to follow soon.
The alloy tube and brass rod pitot tube, since painted, and the MG15s, painted and fitted into the transparent parts, using PVA. This will probably be reinforced with a tiny drop of extra thin cement.
The nose MG15 is as close as I could get to the stowed position. The butt of the pistol grip on the real weapon had a stud, which locked into a socket on the starboard side of the rotating 'Ikaria' mount.
The moulded empty cartridge case collection 'bags' have been removed from the guns, as these were the 'round' type, whereas most photos from this specific period show the corrugated canvas 'bag' type, or none at all.

He-111 KG26 Build 417.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 420.JPG

Not quite finished yet, but not much more to do, and aiming to get it done tomorrow.
The transparent parts have been fitted to the gondola, and will have the joints sealed with PVA and re-touched when set, and the 'Ikaria' nose blister has been fitted.
Just got to fit the dorsal gun and mount, the dorsal canopy, and the main and trailing antennae, then fit the barrels for the beam guns.

He-111 KG26 Build 421.JPG
He-111 KG26 Build 426.JPG

Thanks very much chaps.
I notice that the 'S' decal is showing the slight silvering around the edges, the only decals to do so. Didn't show up on the gloss surface, and can only be seen at certain angles - fortunately, it's not visible under normal viewing conditions.
All being well, I should get this finished tonight, then start on the Spitfire.

Thanks Glenn.
Unfortunately, i didn't get any work done on the model tonight - but I'm not complaining, as I was taken out by an ex-colleague (female) who was visiting on business. Was great to see her again, and after a decent meal and a little (OK, a lot of !) wine, I'm now ready for my pit, having bid farewell to Jaquie.
Back when my head stops spinning !!

Hey, Terry,
I really enjoyed watching this build. I just may have to order this kit once I am moved in a few weeks (just across the hall from where I am, I have to move out so they can remodel my place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back