****DONE GB-38 1/32 FW190A-8 – Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
1/32 FW190A-8 Black 8 J.Gr.10 with Underwing Rockets

Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/32
Manufacturer / Model : REVELL Focke Wulf Fw190A-8
Extras : Eduard W.Gr.21 Rocket Set, Seatbelt set, Cockpit set and Canopy Masks.
Decal markings from Kagero Top Colors #38 Fw190s over Europe Part II

I thought I would take a crack at the new Revell 1/32 Fw190A-8 and see how it builds up…..

This Fw190A-8 will be a Partner to my Black 6 which carried the Single Fuselage mounted Rocket that I previously built in GB29, Black 8 in this instance carries alternate armament, a Pair of the newly developed 21cm RB Sprenggranate Bord drall "Incendiary Packet" Rockets under the wings similar to the earlier W.Gr.21.

Black 8 also carries the striking Fuselage Snake motif common to a number of aircraft which flew with the 3rd Staffel of Jagdgruppe 10. (3/JGr.10) during the latter part of 1944 and early 1945.

This aircraft has been noted as being an Fw190A-7/R6 with the outer cannon removed, but the known photo does not really confirm things either way.

I am running with the aircraft being an A-8 as there is reference in the Luftwaffe im Focus series indicating the aircraft as an Fw190A-8 along with a note regarding the loss of an Fw190A-8, Black 8 W.Nr171172 in February 1945.

I am still deciding on the outer wing cannons, as there is one aircraft shown in LiF carrying the wing mounted Rockets and no cannons. One could rightly assume that with addition of the extra weight of the Rocket system to the wings this would likely be offset with the cannons and ammunition being removed….yet there are other photos of Fw190A-8 aircraft showing both cannons and Rocket launchers……

The Kagero Top Colors provides the markings for the subject aircraft, it also refers to Black 8 as an Fw190A-8/R6 version, In any case there is not very much external difference between the 2 variants.

Revell_Fw190A-8.jpg

Cheers,

stuffed up a series of pics....not sure what happened....so only a couple to show for getting the Engine together, so a couple of pics from the instructions to show the parts assembly.
As the cowl will be closed I don't have to paint or detail too much of it. However there is Plenty of detail in there and scope for extra detailing to be added to an open cowl version.
1_Engine detail_420.jpg
2_Engine Assy_0459.jpg
3_Engine Assy_0449.jpg
4_Engine Assy_0451.jpg
4_Engine Assy_0460.jpg
5_Engine Assy_0452.jpg
5-Engine Assy_0462.jpg

Very nicely detailed engine! But I agree that you won't see much of it with cowls closed. The fan in front will block even frontal opening. Not sure it'd be worth wiring the engine.

Thanks guys, been a bit busy of late and doing various bits of this bird as time has permitted....so need to get things in a semblance of order....

anyway a series of shots of the upper wing cannon bulges fitted and lower wing and associated parts prepped...
6_Upper Wing_0423.jpg
7_Upper Wing Gun Cover_0426.jpg
8_Lower Wing Prep.jpg
9_Lower Wing prep.jpg
10-Lower Wing Prep_0469.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back