***** DONE: GB-38 1/48 IAR-80 – Axis A/C (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Super great info Ovichelu! Thanks all, I'll see about buying this book, $57 is the best I can find right now.

Here are the scans .
Headrest 1.jpg Headrest 2.jpg
Headrest  3.jpg Seat.jpg

OK so the instructions called for the fire extinguisher to go where I put it and by the time I learned different it was too late. so It stayed. I seem to have lost the tail skid and have to figure that out but anywho here is where I is.
The wing fit was a minor fit but all in all the fit is fit!

thumbnail (11).jpg

I downed this one in a final countdown warp with a F-4 and Sparrows and sidewinders. ;-()

thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail20.jpg

Got a little further yesterday before work. Flaps, tail stabs and rudder and gear in place. this is a very simple easy kit to work. If your interested in the subject I can recommend this kit.

thumbnail (16).jpg
thumbnail (20).jpg
thumbnail (18).jpg
thumbnail (21).jpg
thumbnail (14).jpg
thumbnail (15).jpg

It's one peice in the kit. no mention of a split or that they should be differentiated. Thanks never noticed so there are some issues with accuracy, who would have thunk!

thumbnail (22).jpg
thumbnail (23).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Masked for the yellow and shot some yellow, have to figure out the split flap and get it straight. I do like that Tamiya vinyl tape!

thumbnail (25).jpg
thumbnail (24).jpg

Hi guys! There are a lot of accuracy problems with the hobby boss kit . This should have not happen because at the time they came out with this kit there was a lot of information on the subject.
This is why I recommend Radu Branzan's book on the subject. Either the Vanator book or the Iar 80/81 Airframe Equipment Systems which is an earlier version of the Vanator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back