**** DONE: GB-38 1:48 MiG-3 (early) - Axis A/C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thankee sir. Top of the wings done. Not sure why the crosses look slightly crooked.Though there are no panel lines on the outer wings I lined everything up with the inner wing panels and they squared up....odd.

IMG_0002.JPG

The Techmod decals are working well so far, maybe I got a newer printing. Trying to size up home-made decals using Gimp 2. This works differently from Paint.net that I normally use, the font sizes are different. I think I've got it now

It's looking good Geo. The 'odd' looking crosses are probably an optical illusion, caused by the angles and different colour tones. They look 'square' to me, when viewed closely.

Thanks Terry. Last of the Techmod decals are on and very happy with them. As there were no panel lines or rivets in any of the decal locations I didn't use any decal solutions and can't say how they would perform. They do tend to stick once placed and I use a lot of water to persuade them into position and the decals withstood the beating. Looking for the appropriate sized swastikas now.

upload_2018-7-19_20-19-10.png

Dangling behind the aircraft in the last few pics is my Wildcat seatbelts; painted up and ready to be sized and installed

Thanks you sirs. I sourced the swastikas from Eagle Strikes "Barbarossa I" which I used for my 109F in a past GB.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Still trying to get a handle on Gimp 2 for my call letters. I've got the sizes down, just need to figure out how to line them up without wasting decal paper. Also need to locate my double sided tape.............

1a.gif
Victory..................I'll let this dry, clear coat it, let that dry, and then attach. I'll double up the decals

upload_2018-7-20_8-46-29.png

I gave up on Gimp 2 and used Inkscape. It is only slightly easier to use

Thanks guys. Codes are on. I'll let them dry, clear coat later and then flat coat

upload_2018-7-21_9-38-31.png

Only a minor amount of silvering occurred considering all the clear backing involved. I got cocky and trimmed as much as I could around an "SV" but everything went sideways and foldy, lesson learned. A bit concerned about the colouring around the "S" in this shot but hoping its more the lighting and the clear will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back