**** DONE: GB-38 1:48 MiG-3 (early) - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks. Bondage complete, just waiting for the clear to dry and I'll paint shortly

IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited:
It might be a bit to contrasty but I like it. Still have the green to paint out the stars on the fuselage to do. As far as I have seen, there were no stars on the top side of the wings

upload_2018-6-26_0-17-14.png

I notice while looking at the photo of the real aircraft that the swastika seems to be aligned with the leading edge of the tail plane instead of being at 45° or is it just me...

upload_2018-6-26_0-20-29.png

I think you might be right Geo. I have took the pic and rotated it left in order to get the vertical line of the fin/rudder demarcation. It didn't change anything with the alignment of the swastika although the slight difference can be noticed at the bottom However it might be an optical trick because of the perspective and the angle of the fin leading edge that was close to the 45°.

germig2a.jpg

Thanks for the shots Wojtek and Andy and thank you Michael. I think I might offset a bit more than normal just to upset a few "experts". I added the painted out stars and removed the forgotten taped over fuel caps on the wooden portion of the wings. I made these masks with some kind of surgical tool I found in the emergency ward when they left me there for 3 hours. I am now seriously thinking about getting the thinnerline® circle cutter. I like this version the best as it has a scale on it as opposed to the other one where you use by guess and by golly. This one is scaled from .5~50mm. Anyhoo...........end of the weekend for me so I'll leave you with what I have, wheel struts just for looks...

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Thanks guys. Masking and painting the clear parts....which I hate. Got the windscreen and rear clear part done, looking good. About to do the canopy.....stopped. There are four other shades of green paint on my desk, the one I should have been using is there as well....:banghead:](*,)

Right...........Techmod Balkenkruz decals arrived while I was in camp so I'm back at it. After reading horror stories about the decals shattering and with much trepidation, I took the plunge...

IMG_0005.JPG

I purchased these as the cross on the fuselage is smaller than anything I have. Having said that, there isn't a photo showing the side view and I'm just going by the profile but it looks right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back