**** DONE: GB-38 1:48 MiG-3 (early) - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I glued the front of the cowl together, Tamiya Extra thin on the outside and then flooded the inside, plastic card and all with Lepage's Ultra Gel crazy glue and let it set overnight. I like this stuff, thick enough to fill gaps, sets up fairly fast and lasts a long time. Squeeze the blue sides together to get flow...

20101771.jpg

Anyhoo....the fuselage is now complete and wings minus the wingroot intakes.

IMG_0033.JPG

Still pondering how to fit these as they fill a void in both the fuselage and the wings. Very fiddly to attach to either and get good alignment on both.

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Decided to get on with it and glued it to the wing root. Fit was good along the wing. The part (marked "A") that will be glue to the fuselage pushes in very easy so no worries here. A little filler needed around the intake "2" to blend in. I'll let this side set up, do the other side, blend the intake(s) and then glue the wings to the fuselage.

IMG_0004.JPG

Thought about that but is only at the very front of the exhaust. I might be able to get away with just painting it a different color as the new piece would have to be very thin...

upload_2018-6-4_10-11-7.png

Geo, you may cut the wrong pieces off .close to the fuselage. Then use them for making these new parts. I think it should be almost enough to cut their side edges diagonally ( you may sand them as well ). If not you can vacuform the new pieces with a piece of wooden stick . Also you may use the remnants of a PE frame. This is thin plate and should be easy to cut with scissors and forming them at the end of shaped still nail for instance. And here is the next shot with the deatail seen. That's a pity the source pic ends at the right where is the front area. But you may notice that the part had a flat root at the front .

mig-3 pipes4.jpg

Here is a shot of the missing front area of the detail...

Mig-3 pipes5.jpg

It seems to be agood idea. But you put the part a little bit too much at the first exhaust pipe. Is that a PE piece?

Here is Plan "R" as Wojtek suggested as an option using the piece of plastic I remove. I'll remove the lip on either side of the exhaust (arrow pointing to removal limit...ish) and this should....should slide into place. I'm going to thin it some more before I glue it into place and then add some Milliput to fair everything into place.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back