**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Dewoitine D.520 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya

Couldn't find anything out about this kite or pilot, just what's on the instructions and a photo I found on a foreign website.

new.PNG

GC 2/3 Dauphiné, 2 Esc.(Adj. Chef Bouton)
June 1940
EDIT: Just found a profile of this in Mushroom Model Magazine Special "Dewoitine D.520" without the red fuselage stripe and black spinner
EDIT THE EDIT: This aircraft survived for at least another year and the pilot was promoted to Commandant. The profile caption said Syria 1941. It shows the red stripes but now the aircraft has a yellow nose as far back as the rear exhaust and yellow tail section

Last edited:
Thanks Steph. Time to get started. Two ejection marks need to be dealt with on each side of the fuselage halves. They are shallow and easy to fix but still, ¾"ish to the left and right and they would not be visible. I've opted to go with the dark blueish color for the innards which will also help. Lower half still to be done.

IMG_0002.JPG

The innards, sans cleanup. A very positive parts fit, almost snap-together

IMG_0004.JPG

The real seat has these areas open so that's next on the list

IMG_0006.JPG

It seems that yes it does.

d52032ir_cockpit1-jpg.jpg

Additionally....
Interior color Dewoitine 520. in accordance with Ministère de l'Air:
- cockpit visible area was "bleu de nuit" without instrument panel
- instrument panel was "noir mat"
- non visible areas of fuselage interior was "chamois" (not exposed to atmospheric corrosion agent)
- oxygen: white
- air compressed: blue
- cushion and back seat was bleu de nuit as the cockpit area
- the area behind the rear window was gris bleu clair or aluminium.

Ive learnt more about D-520 interior than the previous sum total of knowledge I had on this aircraft, in these few posts. great discussion....

I have a question, does the D-520 have any armour?

Not sure Michael. I'll go through my books but two are not English. Are those belts in period colour or modern Wojtek? Anyhoo......square hole is done. It would have been easier without the braces but whatareyagonnado

Selon les directives de la circulaire n° 16567 du 7 décembre 1938 puis modifiée en décembre 1939,
la Norme AIR 2003 indique les couleurs retenues(règlements 8101 à 8104) pour la protection des surfaces intérieures des aéronefs militaires:

- "Chamois brillant": surfaces intérieures du fuselage à l'exception du poste de pilotage
- "Bleu de nuit": surfaces visibles du poste de pilotage, à l'exception des planches de bord
- "Noir": les planches de bord recevront un vernis noir sur le "bleu de nuit". => black varnish on the IP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back