**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Dewoitine D.520 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Most of my references indicate the Gris Blue Clair - FS 35189/25189 what would be correct comparing to Waroff's info. However the "15" above seems to had the matt silver colour there. That would be also correct according to Waroff.

Gris Blue Clair it is. Tamiya calls for a mix of XF-25 Light Sea Grey and XF-2 White: 2/1. Vallejo Model Air also have it. The one thing I hate about Vallejo is their labeling system as the call it "USAF Medium Grey"

C'est bonne. I have it and it beats mixing. Off to kill myself on the tread climber for 20 minutes, watch the Jays play the Mariners ( a buddy is at the game) and then continue modlin'.

Much to the wife's chagrin, I survived....on to the game...

upload_2018-8-5_13-29-16.png

There is the Pearl Harbour move on the TV at the moment. And I'm watching that as well being here and there. :lol:

Geo.. I have found two next shots showing the area that we are interested in. Also I digged a little bit in the net. In a couple of D.520 profiles I have noticed thet the surface under the rear window appears of the slight yellowish tinge. According to the list of the French colours there was another paint used for cockpits. It was the Gris Blue Ciel FS 34414 or FS 35352 that was used for undersides. Perhaps the one could be used for the areas. The name of the paint sounds almost the same and these names can be confused often. However it is quite light. Not sure but the Sable ( Chamois ) paint ( FS 33594) could be possible too. It could have been the reason for the yelowish tinge.

d520-red10_profile_5-jpg.jpg

d520-red10_profile_2-jpg.jpg

d520_h.jpg

d520_i.jpg

To sum up.. while I don't recommend the pic as the source for colours of the Armee De l'Air it could be used in the case. The colour of the surface under the rear windows seems to be of the light blue-grey looking like the one at the undersides.. So.. you may use a paint of the hue.

520-jpg.jpg

Nope. Not the Clair but the Ciel. However the Clair could be too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back