**** DONE: GB-39 1:48 Dewoitine D.520 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents . Prop and clear parts on. The rear quarter clear panels were a pain in the keester to install. No problem with the fit but it is finicky to get the sit. Five more parts and three small areas to paint and we can call this done. However....it is family day in the mine so it will be later tonight or tomorrow.

001.JPG

002.JPG

Thanks all. 'Lil parts are painted and setting up. While waiting I thought I would tackle l'automobile. While trying to figure out a paint sequence I removed some pieces and glue the seats and axles in place.

IMG_0005.jpg

Baby Moons or whatever the French call them are separated, keyed and daring me to loose them

IMG_0006.jpg

I've found 3 exterior colors, Light Grey, Red and Olive Green. Tamiya makes all the colors so in debations right now

Thanks guys. The car is ready for paint. Finicky headlights and even finickier bumpers attached as were the "baby moons" without drama. Google Images didn't have too many period photos and none showed black-out headlight covers. The instructions don't show them attached as well but I did anyway just because.....

007.JPG

010.JPG

Innards sprayed with Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan because that's what the instructions called for and who are we to doubt the instructions.

upload_2018-9-16_21-23-42.png

I'll let this dry and then do some weathering which the seats are dying for. In the meantime, finish off the kite...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back