**** DONE: GB-40 1:72 Junkers Ju88 A-4 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
User name: Bustedwing.
First name: Graham.
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Revell
Scale: 1:72
Add ons: Harnesses, possibly more.
One of the kits I got the War Dept for Christmas and she's agreed to let me use it for this, my first group build. It's an amazing kit, probably the most parts ever for a twin engine in this scale I've ever seen and fantastic detail. I may use a vacu-form canopy i have for it but the clear parts in the kit look top notch. Other than that I will use PE seat harnesses and the rest will be out of the box unless I go astray and get too carried away.

Ju-88A-4 (1)r.jpg

Attachments

• Ju-88A-4 (3)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (3)r.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 186
  • Ju-88A-4 (5)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (5)r.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 173
  • Ju-88A-4 (6)r.jpg
    Ju-88A-4 (6)r.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.
I have the Revell 1/48th scale version (to back-date to the A1 version),, which looks very similar as far as parts go, and a nice kit. Also got their 1/32nd scale A1 kit, but no room for it just yet !

very nice kit.

I'm in charge of this plane but to do it of the MTO in the operations on the Balearic Islands from the bases of the south of France, especially one that had an accident brought down from Pollença, Menorca and its restored and intervened by the Spanish fascist government, being reassigned to the maestranza of albacete where he was dismissed for his problem of high costs in repairs, especially in the landing gear.

very nice kit.

I'm in charge of this plane but to do it of the MTO in the operations on the Balearic Islands from the bases of the south of France, especially one that had an accident brought down from Pollença, Menorca and its restored and intervened by the Spanish fascist government, being reassigned to the maestranza of albacete where he was dismissed for his problem of high costs in repairs, especially in the landing gear.
I intend to build the one depicted on the box KG30 Catania Italy. Are you saying you work on one that is restored in a museum somewhere in Spain ?

The all important step one. Box modification. I can't stand end opening boxes ! I guess saving half a cents worth of cardboard per box times a million boxes must make for some pretty impressive profits !

Attachments

• Ju-88A-4 (7).JPG
    Ju-88A-4 (7).JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 151
I intend to build the one depicted on the box KG30 Catania Italy. Are you saying you work on one that is restored in a museum somewhere in Spain ?
I do not understand well, in Pollença crashed one after being reached by a beuafighter on the coasts of Algeria, in the attempt to return as it did not reach the south of France decided to go to the Balearics where they would be welcomed, but after having fuel problems callo in this region of menorca, the plane was recovered by the Spanish army that internally, restored and put it in operation, giving it down a few months later after suffering damage for the last time in the landing gear, which was the problem I had the plane because of the 18 that Spain bought Nazi Germany all suffered the same problem on the plane, giving them off in 1946, when he created the program to improve the 111h6 giving life to the 2111 house.
currently in Spain there is nothing left of those planes were sold as scrap, until 80 in Spain there was no feeling of maintaining a museum with aircraft equipment and aircraft.

Hello again Graham, ... Interesting anecdote of Sergio (destrozas).
Like you, it's also my first participation in a GB. It seems that this Revell kit brings very good expectations, I will be attentive to your thread, it is an aircraft that will surely be in my collection.

Saludos desde México, hasta Canadá :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

I have to say it looks like an amazing kit. When I first got it I thought it must be a mistake and they sent a 1:48 scale kit, the box is so big. When you open it you see why. The last one I did probably had 30 parts. I have run across a snag. The colour call outs are very odd. The interior calls for "dust grey matt" or " staubgrau matt 77" neither of which i have heard of. When I look for a RLM match for it I get RLM 66, though a few indicate RLM 02. Now I am under the impression that early cockpit colours were 02, and lat war 44-45 would be 66 ??. Other areas call for " anthracite grey matt" and " light grey matt" ???
Scan0022r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back