**** DONE: GB-40 1:72 Junkers Ju88 A-4 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The paints I used are still the Model Master enamels. The War Dept and I went on a Safari into Vancouver yesterday to the Hobby store at YVR for more paint. RLM 70 discontinued ? I may be switching to acrylics sooner than later.

On the subject of colours. I found this while poking around. It's part of a decal set of which brand I don't know but it shows the identical paint scheme as the kit. So who stole it from who if it never really existed ? I still think it looks pretty dam slick and I'm sticking to it. The only difference is the kit has the elevators yellow as well which I thought a bit odd but I did them in yellow any ways.

22-1.jpg

It does look cool. I'd suggest that it's quite common, unfortunately, for model and accessory companies to market products of questionable historic accuracy. I don't have any sound knowledge to refute the yellow cowl thing and would defer to experts. However, I do know that the Hurricane Mk IIc did not fight in the BoB! (See here)

Thanks. It's been a great kit to build. I have another one of the same kit and I've been thinking of building it, though another version for this Group Build. See what happens over the next few days I'll have a better idea of how much time I'll have to hide in my cell in the basement !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back