**** DONE: GB-40 1/72 Tupolev Tu-2S - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I said in another topic thanks to all for your support and help, I have done little but something I have done with it, while the decals were drying or while the matt varnish dried I have been putting some more pieces
14.jpeg

16.jpeg

17.jpeg

but before I did some detail in IP
12.jpeg

13..jpeg

the lace is very good in this model, I have to draw a plan of how the paneling and the rivets were, since many of the marks and lines will disappear when I have to cover those lines and steps of the joints, I'm looking for some specialized book where you can see a plan of the paneling and the riveting of the plane.

Sergio, it's good to see you already in action.
Que siga la fiesta en tu mesa de trabajo :thumbup:

thanks to all fellas, special thanks andy, but this scheme is a tu2(s)T the one I'm doing is a tu2S, the difference to the naked eye is what you put me is 4 blades and the one I'm doing is the three blades, some panels change and others but mainly it is equipment and armament.

I continue with what I have been doing these days, this mold is very hard to adjust, as you will see in the following photos

18..jpeg

19.jpeg

20.jpeg

21.jpeg

this is for half to leave adjusted, I have to fill a lot but many holes.

edit: correction to myself I am making an "S" model that was three-bladed and the image is a "T" model that was quadruple, I have confused myself and I correct it to forgive the confusion

Last edited:
Sergio, this will probably be too late but I have a few books that have line drawings of all the Tu-2 variants but I won't be able to get to them until the 13th. If you still want the info I can send it then

Sergio, this will probably be too late but I have a few books that have line drawings of all the Tu-2 variants but I won't be able to get to them until the 13th. If you still want the info I can send it then

It is always good to have information george, the plans I need or I want to repack it because the joints that I have will lose many panels and much of the riveting that the plastic brings, so for the quiet time that I have for a long time in front

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tu-2 had the same three-blade prop like the Tu-2S series. The three-blade prop AW-5W-167 was used for the Tu-2S from the 1st series to 59th series ( to no.20 plane of the series ), from the plant no.23 and 1st series ( to no.18 plane of the series ) from the factory no.166. Later the prop was the four-blade one AW-9F-21K. Additional info.. not to many of the Tu-2 was assembled in 1942-1943 because of being too complicated technologically. Therefore Tupolev modified the plane structures to be easier in assembling. The one was marked as the Tu-2S ( S- seryjnyj or standartnyj ). From the 1st series to 43rd one the Tu-2S had the three small windows above the bottom gunner's station on the fuselage sides . Later single larger round window there ( from 44th series ). No airbrakes attached. I'm not sure but your Tu-2 can be the Tu-2S though. Also there appeared one more panel line at the fin top tips. So here drwaings for both variants...

tu-2.jpg

TU2_1.jpg
TU2_2.jpg

the pic source: Различные чертежи

PS.. the very early Tu-2 ( also called "typ 103V and 103VS ) had one small round window at the bottom gunner's station. Later the three small windows were attached. Additionally, no accessing panels on the front ring of the engine cowling.

correction to myself, I am making an "S" model that was three-bladed and the image is a "T" model that was quadruple, I have confused myself and I correct it to forgive the confusion

if not bad you understood wotjek tell me that the early tu2 had several windows in the lower gunner and the following versions no longer as the following photos (all obtained from the internet).

early version

tu2.jpg

the next versions

tu2b.jpg

is this correct?.

To make all that clear ...there were three types of the widows. The early - one single small round window for Tu-2 type 103/103U/103V/103VS, the mid - three small round windows for the very late series of Tu-2 type 103VS and almost the all series of the Tu-2S , the late - one single large round window for very late series of Tu-2S and other post-war Tu-2 variants. The first pic you posted above is the Tu-2 no.100716, the prototype of the Tu-2S during trials with engines ASz-82FN in 1943. The windows are the mid type. The second pic I'm not sure about the variant of the bomber but it looks like the early window type. Here diagrams I found via the net, I hope these can help.

the early and mid type ..
Tu-2 early mid.jpg

the mid and late variant ..
Tu-2  mid late.jpg

tu2 early type windows.jpg

tu2 mid type windows.jpg

tu2 late type windows.jpg

I have found... the second pics shows a Tu-2 type 103VS tested with the modified M-82FN ( ASz-82FN) engines. in 1943. It is no. 100117 plane of the last , 7th series assembled at the no.166 plant in Omsk in 1942. Therefore the window is of the single small ( early ) type

Now, if I understood you perfectly for what this model is, then it is the intermediate or half-production model.
I'm lucky that all the photos I have of the "32 white", are of this model of the plane, and with the decaling of the ki 43 RTAF I have to work a few days and I would not have to make decals for this ..

I do not know how to thank you for this kind of help you have given me, my friend. Thanks wojtek

Now, if I understood you perfectly for what this model is, then it is the intermediate or half-production model.
I'm lucky that all the photos I have of the "32 white", are of this model of the plane, and with the decaling of the ki 43 RTAF I have to work a few days and I would not have to make decals for this ..

I do not know how to thank you for this kind of help you have given me, my friend. Thanks wojtek

Yes you understood that correctly. And , my pleasure.

thanks everyone, following the assembly, say that the laces of the gondolas of the engines are really very bad oversized, without the same radius of the circumference, this poruce that you have to file and cut a lot of plastic, but nothing that is not could solve, also in the wing inserts are quite steep steps that fill with liquid plastic, (plastic blisters cut into small pieces and put into dissolution in acertona, I apply it with a brush.

22.jpeg

23.jpeg

24.jpeg

25.jpeg

26.jpeg

27.jpeg

Finally I have imitated the lighting bulb under the wing, with aluminum from the old yoghourt covers, with a punch of 2.5mm in diameter and to imitate the lamp I used the back part of an airbrush needle, which I have broken I use to apply the cyano, due to its size is little appreciated in the photos
28.jpeg

29.jpeg

for the moment it is everything I will follow little by little advancing things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back