**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Fiat G.55 - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

this plane I have for the store I was given years and years ago will stay there, until I find motivation to do it, needs all the new interior interior detail is more limited than the matchbox models of the 60s ...,
I'm waiting to see how you do it to take references and learn more ...

So, I have a little update at last!

After a period of enforced inactivity and inability to do modelling (I was on a high dose of painkillers for an ongoing back issue), I managed to sneak in a few hours of paint and assembly.

47053956514_ec82bda75e_c.jpg

Note the masses of flash everywhere!

I'm still somewhat high, and am having a little trouble getting the pictures sorted out to embed here. I'll have another bash tomorrow, but I have linked to the album, for those interested.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskQYQxhV

The last picture in the album is my working space, and shows some of my other bits- 28mm figures for use in my D&D 5th RPG session.

So I managed to get a little more time in yesterday- I have completed assembly, except for the prop, which I will attach later.
As the canopy is a miracle of clarity, I have attached that as well, with the interior being painted only in a pale grey-green, with no additional detailing.

48223314017_28948e43dd.jpg

48223259831_c99000328b.jpg

And, as I just finished them today for our regular D&D session, here is my diversion from painting:

48223313397_e46457168d.jpg

A little more progress:
I've brush-painted the grey undersurfaces, and green uppers. Three coats of grey and four of the green...

and

A few little touch-ups on some of the lines, and then gloss varnish to prepare for the decals.
I know I still need to paint the details (exhausts, undercarriage, guns, pitot, aerial, prop blade tips, etc.), but at least it's progress.
I must admit that, even though there are a lot of issues with fit and flash, it's not bad. It looks OK to me, and that's all I ask for.

Looking good. :thumbright:

BTW.. I would suggest uploading your pictures directly onour server and attaching them to your posts. It will allow to upload and scroll pages faster.

Looking good. :thumbright:

BTW.. I would suggest uploading your pictures directly onour server and attaching them to your posts. It will allow to upload and scroll pages faster.

Thank you. The kit is fighting me all the way.
Hmmm- I thought that was a no-no? I'll probably do that the next time around, then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back