**** DONE: GB-42 1/48 Fiat G.55 - MTO II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaah, my favourite of Italy's WW2 piston fighters. The G.55 is classy. I'm concerned about those massive rivets and panel lines on the wings and hori stab; not present on the real thing.

48378250926_9435f1ba08_b.jpg
G.55

So I spent a bit of time on the G.55 again.
I managed to get the colours sorted, as well as apply clear gloss on the areas where the decals go. So then I I obviously had to put the decals on, right?
IMG_20190727_155400.jpg

The next step was a coat of matt clear to seal everything.
IMG_20190727_211258.jpg

I then followed the clear with a coat of brown panel liner over the entire upper surface, and grey panel liner on the lower surface.
IMG_20190727_231622.jpg

I also did a bit of pre-weathering on the prop blades, but kept it fairly limited, as this was a relatively new machine.
IMG_20190727_231609.jpg

Next up, a little more wear on the prop, exhaust staining and oil stains, finish off the landing gear and a final coat of matt clear.

I'll only be able to post pictures tomorrow (my laptop's playing up), but I'm done with her.
As you'll see from the pictures, I I decided not to go with the white band after all, but she looks good enough to pass muster.
Not my best work, but I'm happy. She's as good as she'll get. The next one'll be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back