**** DONE: GB-43 1:48 P-51D - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tenting is finis. As can be seen in the previous photo it was quite large and inevitably with all the poking and prodding some rips developed along the base of the ridge. Fortunately, Tamiya X-3 Royal Blue is a perfect match for this particular printing of Insignia Blue. One minor spot to retouch

1571881737045.png

Nice fix. I usually make it a forgone conclusion that a decal won't seat properly over stuff like that and give it a cut right away with a scalpel. Then paint to suit like you did.

Thanks guys. Clear coat on preparing for Tamiya panel line wash. Probably won't get much done for the next two days; funeral today, PG tomorrow. My friend, who I worked with for 20 years in the papermill and 7 years in the mine passed away on Monday. Crappy thing is, he retired in April and was diagnosed with cancer a month ago

That is a bitch. Loosing friends. Hope and know you will find the strenght to give support and take support. Both are important.

Thanks Terry. When I started removing the wash today it was more stubborn than usual so I made one pass with a Q-tip that was soaked in thinner and the about 5 minutes later made another pass with a Q-tip that was only slightly moistened. In the past the Q-tip is just slightly moistened and the wash was removed. Start light and work from there is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back