**** DONE: GB-43 1:72 Ju87 G/D - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picking away at this little baby I noticed, no landing light? Thought maybe this version didn't have one but they all seem to when I looked at other 87s. So out comes the file. I made the lens by heating up some clear styrene and forming it over a small drill bit then filed to fit.

Ju87-GD (42)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (43)r.jpg

The eureka moment " why didn't I think of that " After farting about for over an hour with wine foil I remembered Michael's thread in the heavy hitters build and the discussion on wing walks. Comments from Andy and Wojtek's reference to BMF. Perfect solution. I made a new Rosie riveter wheely dealy but cutting out every second tooth to get the right spacing. It worked good on the wine foil but was too thick and just looked to heavy. Then there was the issue of gluing the stuff down. The BMF worked out great ! And lastly Paint ! Now the curious thing. The blisters in the wings for the wing guns, some pictures show them others don't on the G variant, I decided to leave mine, done enough mudding sanding and filling on this baby !

Ju87-GD (44)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (45)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (46)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (47)r.jpg

Getting close to finishing. The under wing cannons are pretty sparse. I made front mounts out of brass shim stock soldered together. The rear mounts are aluminum beer can. The plumbing are bits of wire. It seems there were a few different styles of mounts. Most of the good pictures I could find of them seem to vary so this would be at best approximate.

Ju87-GD (48)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (49)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (51)r.jpg

Ju87-GD (52)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back