**** DONE GB-43 1/72 Spitfire Mk. XIV - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Point taken.
I am Not disputing your point, nor am I making light of it.
Simple matter is I used the Very Old kit diagram, which I now admit is Incorrect.
Its just that at 1/72nd, I am Not about to go back and try and correct it. My patience has run out at this scale and am fed up with my airbrushed, All 4 of them!
Sorry.

Not dissing what you did Bill. I think the finish looks very good. Just trying to raise awareness in the spirit of learning.

Been doing some sign writing in Portland NSW with my friends the Wall Nuts,
then I've go to finish up a project for the wife.
I'm building her a folding top sewing table, she's waiting far too long.
Then to the Spit, maybe some time for it tomorrow.

Some decals on, forgot the fuselage stripe, Doh!
Getting there.
Don't know why these wing decals are so transparent??????

GB43_G1-B20.jpg

Very transparent indeed. Problem is, you never know until the decal is on. The only thing that could have saved it would have been to pull the decal off right away before it set and replace it on the backing. Then mask and paint a white circle where the decal will go, then reapply the decal onto the white circle. I remember the early Tamiya Spitfire kits actually gave you white decals to go under the already thick roundels.

It is very large image ( 4032x1960 pixels ) . If you don't use the option "Full image" but just the "Thumbnail" one, it is always displayed as a small pic. Its size doesn't depend on us but on the forum system. It can't be changed I would say because it is the constant value coded by the soft programmer. I would suggest checking on setting of your camera. There should be an option for setting of the pic size of the taken images. So.. if you set e.g. the width 1200 or so pixels ( 1600 pix is the forum preferred max size ) for a such pic , you may attach it here and display as the full image with no problem. The forum system should adjust the pic for dispalying on all screen sizes. Also check if there is a pic browser on your phone that allows to resize the taken images. You should do that before uploading and posting here.

Below,

your pic after resizing down to the 1600 pixels in the width and displaying as the adjusted full image. Still large and requiring the forum pic browser to be displayed as the image of the full size but enough large to be readable.

20191129_121309a.jpg

your pic after cropping and resizing down to the 1200 pixels in the width. Still requiring the forum pic browser for full displaying but it seems to be bigger than the one of 1600 pix, doesn't it?

20191129_121309b.jpg

As I stated, it was from my phone, so didn't know how it would go.
Thought it would be too F'n big. I've adjusted it.
GB43_phone_pic.jpg

Yes, it will be posted by its ownself.
262 in Start To Finish (S2F).........

Just post when you can in the next couple of days Bill. We'll still look at it. Personally, I take all my pics indoors anyway. It's not the end of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back