**** DONE GB-43 1/72 Spitfire Mk. XIV - Aces' Aircraft of all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like the painting part ! But masking ? I don't know how people manage liquid mask and Tamiya tape, the stuff hates me !! BMF all the way ! Looks very good !

Our IPMS group had a workshop in masking canopies.
Cut the tape into 1.5mm strips.
Stick it to the edge of the raised frame on the canopy.
Myself I run it from edge to edge in one strip, keeps it in-line.
I do this both ways, side to side, front to back.
I then use a new round end scalpel blade and press and rock it at the corners to trim.
This lessons the chance of pulling a sharp blade into the clear areas.
Then use the liquid mask, a few coats, to fill the centers.
Easy peasy once you get the hang of it. Using bigass pieces of tap is frustrating!!
Bill

I haven't forgotten about this one, life has just gotten in the way.
Today I painted the underside, not much to show.
Taping the bottom off for the first upper color tomorrow, maybe.
Got family things.

So here's where my GB entry is At!!!!!
Still masked
DE-masked!!

Ain't perfect. Little bleeds everywhere.
I am so over airbrushes...... Damned things are giving me the sh!tes. No paint, blowing up on me, difficult to clean.....
Need a volunteer to do my painting!!!

GB43_G1-B18.jpg
GB43_G1-B19.jpg

Nice work,

I feel your pain regarding airbrushes, i do not possess the patience to learn how to use one properly and am consequently forever condemned to use hairy sticks to paint my models.

I look forward to your next progress.

Cheers Greg

The point is that by the middle of 1941,possibly earlier, all new Spitfires where painted in essentially the same pattern similar to this:

Capture.JPG

The point is that by the middle of 1941,possibly earlier, all new Spitfires where painted in essentially the same pattern similar to this:

Point taken.
I am Not disputing your point, nor am I making light of it.
Simple matter is I used the Very Old kit diagram, which I now admit is Incorrect.
Its just that at 1/72nd, I am Not about to go back and try and correct it. My patience has run out at this scale and am fed up with my airbrushed, All 4 of them!
Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back