**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can't fool; me - that's a satellite antenna, so the pilot can watch 'Netflix' on his MFD screen !!
Nicely done though !

qqCDBEW.jpg

Cool Jim....:)

Well been off for a few days again, but still modelling as i can. have added the large "studs" to the Starboard fuselage where the Pave Penny Pod is fitted.
Drillled location holes fitted .6 x .4 brass tube pieces...that was fun cutting tiny lengths without distorting them.....or losing them! Then use round plasticard rod, drilled out hole rounded the end the carefully cut a short piece off....repeated 4 times the glued them in place. Simple as it sounds it took quite a while to do.....didn't mess one up or drop or lose any of them....!! A tiny bit oversized, I think but it ain't easy doing such small fiddley work...wasn't going to go too far and the n ruin it, should be ok once some paint covers them up.
Have also added the extra antennas on the lower nose and also removed the 'Hand Rail' section I had previously put there, it wasn't on my bird....

71_4456.jpg
72_4461.jpg
73_4462.jpg
74_4468.jpg
75_4477.jpg
76_4472.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, not much happening at the moment, stuffing around trying to fill joins inside the wheel well in the wings and it's becoming a pain in the butt slowing things down a bit...

Wow super detail. These use to fly over my house all the time in the 80s and 90s. I lived
about 34 miles, in a straight flight line, from Barnes AFB in Westfield Ma. Will be watching
with interest. John

Thanks for stopping by.....have splashed some very lightened Greys on my bird as a first paint stage (very light in the pics) and deciding whether to darken them up a tad or simply dirtying them up with darker grey pastels as part of the process...need to get a wriggle on none the less....

77_Camo _4558.jpg
78_Paint_4561.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back