**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys......did a bit of both...the Starboard upper wing Pastel work done.....First Decals on the Tail too...adds some life to her...!

90_First Decals_4671.jpg
91_Stbd Wing_4672.jpg
92_Stbd Wing_4674.jpg

Thanks Guys....some good progress on the weekend.....rest of the pastel work was done and a Gloss coat applied to the rest of the Bird....I'm slightly annoyed now as I had to guess the weathering on the Port side fuselage to get the Gloss on...GUESS what I found today...a complete Port side shot showing the weathering.....have to make some adjustments now....

In the mean time I have forged ahead and put plenty of decals in place......around 50 I think....
93_Fuselage Pastel & Gloss_4679.jpg
94_Fuselage decals_Stbd_4684.jpg
95_Fuselage Decals_Stbd_4687.jpg
96_Stbd Wing decals_4690.jpg
97_Tail Decals_4693.jpg
98_Port Wing Decals_4696.jpg

Ain't that always the way. The reference you were always looking for turns up after you've done the work. At least you have a chance to rectify it. She's looking the biz though.

Thanks Guys, so I resprayed part of the port side and reapplied the Pastel Grime as per the 'New' reference pic.....reglossed and now added the Decals...
small touch ups still to come.....

Reference Pic ; Cropped by Bill Schull at Airliners.net

99_Portside Pastels_4708.jpg
100_Portside Decals_4717.jpg
100_Portside_A-10_983.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back