**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 CF-104 - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hoping so. Revell's insanity reared it ugly head while I was doing seam clean up.

IMG_0004.JPG

Notice the roughness of the cut-outs on either side. This will need to be smoothed to get a good fit

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

The roughness is also around the mating surfaces of the fuselage halves. Flash is also apparent. Another thing that isn't noticed at first on both kits is a very fine lip that runs around fuselage parts. You can't see it but its definitely there. It doesn't take much to remove with some sandpaper but it is annoying

This is the gap at the intake join, the same as the other single seater.

1574882478527.png

I won't tackle this now, packing for camp and night shift. This is the end of 3 weeks vacation time. At the end of this tour.....3 more weeks of vacation. Enjoy your week gentlemen

Thanks all. Lots of cold, two days of snow and 5 hours of near zero visibility fog last night. Test fitting the exhaust nozzle showed a less than stellar attachment with three under-size attachment points.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

The best I could get was two barely touching fits. Solution....back it up.

IMG_0004.JPG

I cut off three pieces of plastic strip and using tube glue attached them slightly forward of the attachment points. While they were setting up I positioned the nozzle into place and this forced the strips into the right position

IMG_0005.JPG

I'll let this set up and in the meantime, paint the inside of the rear fuselage halves and nozzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back