**** DONE: GB-44 1/72 F-4 USN - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice job and good subject. I had that kit and it was weird , as I remember they said use A17 for the
B tail and all photos I have seen show item A6 as the B tail. I think A17 is for the N, at least that's
what my MDF Navy-Marine Phantom book shows. Gonna get one of these Bs for an Aardvark. Keep
up the good work.- John

Nice job and good subject. I had that kit and it was weird , as I remember they said use A17 for the
B tail and all photos I have seen show item A6 as the B tail. I think A17 is for the N, at least that's
what my MDF Navy-Marine Phantom book shows. Gonna get one of these Bs for an Aardvark. Keep
up the good work.- John

Well, John, I went by photos of the plane, used A-18!

Cool! They didn't even say that part was for a B or N! Good choice, I'll keep
that in mind when I do mine.- John

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Working quietly on seams, wing gap fitting, ordnance racks.
Have found the manuals for F-4 weapons systems! Difficult to figure out loading without it.
Putting together the bomb load, on the big tree inboard on the wings, stations 2 & 8.
Waiting for the bombas racks for the outboard wing stations, 1 & 9.
Fitting the 600 Gal under center tank, sta 5.
Having to look for 4 sidewinder rockets for the upper part of sta 1 & 9!
Other things will have me away from the bench for a week!!!!! Bwaaaaa.

Last edited:
Got my weapons hangers, inboard and multi bomba holder.
Start on these on Monday.......
I'm suffering from withdrawels away from my bench for the Holidays!!!!
44.9_CP_IP.jpg
44.10_CP_IP.jpg

other davidson plane. nicely!!!!

a phantom !!!!!, as a child, it was the first plane I had to place in his cockpit! install a pc to use it on my IL2 !!!!
The model I like the most is the F4 E, which operated here in Spain from Torrejon in the 70s and 80s, before the Americans left the base, (an American commander was very close to my father, I say it was because he no longer he is commander and 5 years ago died of heart disease), I have throughout my life made the whole series except the RF 4C that operated the Spanish army, I did not find a decent mold at 1/72.
those additions that you show will give a more than precious touch to the "Davidson plane"

Just back from Melbourne visiting Annie's brother for Christmas.
So I will be able to get back to both builds.
Thanks for the comments, keeps us motivated!

So I'm working on them bloody TER's
The picture above is the Eduard stock photo, they ain't easy.....
First drill a .5mm hole, only 1mm deep to locate a .5mm Evergreen rod. in each of the 6 pads on the TER.
This Has to be done with a drill bit In a Dremel motor.
By hand you just can't locate the hole accurately.......

Then with thin super glue attached a 5mm long piece of the rod.
One at a time letting the CA set tight.
Cut the cradle piece loose from the PE sheet as directed, bend the pads over, form this into a cradle.
Thennnnn, slip the loop in the PE cradle over the rod,
attach with thin CA, one at a time, and let it set! Belay this. I have found it's beter Not to attach these
Now, just do it FIVE more times per TER ..................
Good I only need two TER's...............
I haven't finished the One yet...................
44.11_CP_IP.jpg

I did a little filing on the exhaust just for a bit of detail.
44.12_CP_IP.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back