**** DONE: GB-45 1/72 Hurricane Mk.I - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one is still on the bench, time for a smallish update.........

Looks great Tim. I think you mean the flaps are up, not down.
Actually I meant the horizontal stabilizers, but the words escaped me.

I decided to use up my Hataka paints so this is the what the Sky is.
IMG_2428.jpg

this part under the canopy is done in Mr.Hobby Dark Green
IMG_2434.jpg

For the camo I used these, spoiler alert, they work well, just don't leave them on for very long......
IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

I will update when I get around to playing with the rest of the pics

alarm.gif

This one is still on the bench, time for a smallish update.........

Actually I meant the horizontal stabilizers, but the words escaped me.

I decided to use up my Hataka paints so this is the what the Sky is.
View attachment 574637

this part under the canopy is done in Mr.Hobby Dark Green
View attachment 574638

For the camo I used these, spoiler alert, they work well, just don't leave them on for very long......
View attachment 574641
View attachment 574642
View attachment 574643
I will update when I get around to playing with the rest of the pics

View attachment 574644
All very nice, Tim.
I've got a pair of these in the basement and I appreciate the pathfinding you're doing here.

Aaaaannd the bad news is that as I was painting up the landing gear prior to installing it one of the legs decided to launch off into cyber space and no amount of searching turned up any clue as to where it went, sooooo it's been put aside until it turns up or I figure somethin out. It's actually ready for decals but........Ill post up the pics in a bit but at the moment I'm just not in the mood.

raincloud.gif

Went through the garbage and everything, it may show up eventually, I did find the tail wheel for the Tenzan a few months after intense searching turned up nothing so there is hope......

Aaaaannd the bad news is that as I was painting up the landing gear prior to installing it one of the legs decided to launch off into cyber space and no amount of searching turned up any clue as to where it went, sooooo it's been put aside until it turns up or I figure somethin out. It's actually ready for decals but........Ill post up the pics in a bit but at the moment I'm just not in the mood.

View attachment 574837
Fear not brother, both of my aforementioned Hurris will be with gear up. Which side Aircraft left or Aircraft right? Do you want all 4? PM with your mailing address.

Hope you find it before someone steps on it Tim.

Fortunately they are flat so stepping on it won't be an issue as far as breaking it, but might go a long way to carrying a way away from finding it.

The trick is to start looking for something else ! I always seem to find stuff I'm not looking for.

Hahahahaha I'll never understand how that works but is how I found my missing Tenzan tail wheel, still have found the etch bit that went AWOL though.....

Fear not brother, both of my aforementioned Hurris will be with gear up. Which side Aircraft left or Aircraft right? Do you want all 4? PM with your mailing address.

4 might be a bit over kill but a spare spare never hurt anybody so 2 would be good, I certainly won't turn down your kind offer so PM on it's way.

I did read recently that the gear doors overlapped the wing by 3/4 of an inch all round, as per Graham Boak on Britmodeller lf I recall correctly, so you should be good with a bit of modification.
IMG_2453.jpg

Fortunately they are flat so stepping on it won't be an issue as far as breaking it, but might go a long way to carrying a way away from finding it.

Hahahahaha I'll never understand how that works but is how I found my missing Tenzan tail wheel, still have found the etch bit that went AWOL though.....

4 might be a bit over kill but a spare spare never hurt anybody so 2 would be good, I certainly won't turn down your kind offer so PM on it's way.

I did read recently that the gear doors overlapped the wing by 3/4 of an inch all round, as per Graham Boak on Britmodeller lf I recall correctly, so you should be good with a bit of modification.
View attachment 574914
I always have to modify Landing Gear in the stowed position, unless it's an Airfix kit. Man this kit really looks like the Hasegawa MkII from a few years ago. There are obvious details like the tailplane that are different.
Looks so good. Maybe I'll try with no primer, like yours.

OK, so apparently my excuse to get an early start on my Chesapeake has evaporated into thin air compliments of ZippytheHog, Much appreciated by the way. Ssssssoooo might as well catch up with the updates.

First up got the first coat of paint on it using Mr.Hobby Dark Green.
IMG_2444.jpg

I guess I shoulda paid closer attention the instructions as this turned out to be wrong, shoulda been Dark Earth, OK no problem, started repainting with Mr.Hobby Dark Earth, but it just didn't look like what I would expect it to, more of a mud like color, so I broke down and switched to Vallejo's English Uniform watered down a bit with Vallejo's Dark Earth. According to what I could find after an extensive search of Britmodeller via the internet Vallejo's English Uniform is an almost exact match to the colorchip so that's what I'm went with.
IMG_2446.jpg

And on with the masks, which while designed for the Airfix kit fit pretty good on this one.
IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

A little bit of help with some tape was required but nothing difficult
IMG_2449.jpg
IMG_2450.jpg

And the finished result, I used Hataka's Dark Green as I figured it would be a good idea to use it up, unfortunately it's not very opaque which led to a bit of a ridge, but from the enforced 6' rule looks ok
IMG_2451.jpg

Maybe I'll try with no primer, like yours.

Actually it is primered, I used Mr.Surfacer 1500, the grey stuff which may be why you didn't see it as it's pretty close to the color of the plastic. I'm not a great fan of black basing as, for me, it seems to take more paint, especially for lighter colors, to get good coverage. The one thing I would do differently though, is to paint the tail feathers separately and add them after the rest of it's been painted which is easy to do with no real worries about marring the paint with glue.

beers.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back