**** DONE: GB-45 1/72 Hurricane Mk.I - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I haven't had much time at the bench between work work and home work so no progress at the moment, but I can tell you that the colors match the scheme as depicted in the instructions so if they are reversed Arma hobby is to blame......

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, not paying attention and all that.........thanks for your kind offer but I have a set that has been kindly donated by Zippythehog en-route which should be here shortly. I haven't been on the bench for a while, suffering a bit of burn out, but should be back on things soon.

And here I was bashing myself for my poor decal application technique due to some difficulties in applying the decals to a couple of older Hasegawa kits, until I started putting these on
default_banghead.gif

IMG_2501.jpg

They are printed by Techmod , and did not react to Microscales decal softener. But then it ain't needed.
IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

The tricky part of these decals is they need to be transferred very carefully as they are prone to folding over on themselves and take quit a bit of time and effort to spread back out again. After finishing off this much I'm grateful I wasn't doing an Eduard Mig something or other.......

office.gif

Techmod decals are hit and miss and it depends on when they were made. I used some a few months ago, held my breath and they worked like a charm

Techmod decals are hit and miss and it depends on when they were made. I used some a few months ago, held my breath and they worked like a charm
There is a set I've had for a while that I'm waiting for a cheap HobbyCraft 109 D to come along to use them on.

Ok I admit I've been preoccupied with other projects for a bit
whistle.gif
Any way time for an update............

Many many thanks to Zippythehog for the parts, they were definitely a game changer on getting things back on the road. I got a little little carried away with sticking things together and forgot to take pics, but just a tip, slice a touch off the top of the legs where the attachment point is and thin the sides where they slot in.

IMG_2602.jpg

A test fit of the support struts will likely show a bit of the rear of the tab will need to be removed at the back to get a good fit at the leg. Another thing to note which is truly annoying is the misalignment, mold seam that the landing suffer from.........sigh, however once everything is in place it's all pretty solid and looks the part.
IMG_2603.jpg

Here every thing is glued into place, I used gators on the base of the support struts to avoid making a mess of the paint, and ExtraThin where they attach to the landing gear for strength.

IMG_2607.jpg

After getting all the stencils on it was time to get the main markings in place, I started with the tail, these actually fit really well, but the first one took forever to dry in place and kept sliding around on me, I tied to speed things up a bit with a hair dryer.......don't do that.

IMG_2608.jpg

The I moved on to the lower Roundels which went on very nicely, I am truly impressed with the decals. What I found was that Sovlaset seemed to soften them just enough to help them settle into the panel lines, but I still sliced them to help them out a bit, this worked really well on the side panels.

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

And here is where things are at at the moment

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Time to add a little wear and tear then some fiddly bits and call it done I think.
free-sign-smileys-968.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back