**** DONE: GB-46 1/32 Ki-45 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys.

They are George, imagine if I had put them in place and then tried to apply the decal....! smarter than that...:)

Anyway some more progress,

Glossed top and bottom now, dirtied up the port side wing area a little bit where Pilot and ground crew walked, added the remaining few small decals around the place, painted, decalled and added a small amount of weathering/wear to the prop assemblies too.
This is a late production Ki-45 which was factory painted so it would not exhibit much weathering or paint chipping at all to the overall airframe...

222_Gloss Coat_6313.jpg
223_Gloss Coat_6316.jpg
224_Wing weathering_6338.jpg
225_Wing weathering_6340.jpg
226Overall shot_6344.jpg
227_Props done_6351.jpg
228_Props done_6349.jpg

Thanks Guys, I gave her a light misting gloss spray today to seal in the pastel wash giving it a semi gloss satin type sheen and it seems to have worked, normally a proper gloss coat would simply dissolve it and disappear....will give it another misting tomorrow to be sure I've got it right before a flat coat on Friday.

Now I have plenty on my plate now for the weekend so won't get much modelling time to finish Sunday, so will need a few extra days on the final few bits and finish to get done, Tuesday or Wednesday.....if that works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back