**** DONE: GB-46 1:72 C-46 Commando - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice. Hope you have enough heavy equipment to get the job done. I wish I still had my Tonka Trucks, but that was fifty years ago. They were the big steel ones, earth mover shovel and the big dump truck. Not sure where that came from but hey. They don't make them like that anymore.

No Tonka Trucks Don :lol:

Just a quick update. Installed the cockpit/cargo deck and closed up the fuselage.

P1013008.JPG
P1013010.JPG

Took a couple of weeks off at working on this and then spent the last week or so cleaning up all the glue joints and sanding them smooth, and there wasn't a joint that didn't need work, especially around the nacelles so here are some more pictures after all the sanding.

P1013014.JPG
P1013016.JPG

I installed the control panel and took a last couple of shots before it was closed up. Not a great cockpit but then not much of it will be seen.

P1013011.JPG
P1013012.JPG

The two part canopy glued together and installed. I struggled a long time with it to get the best fit possible but it still is pretty bad. I will need to do some filling and a lot of filing to get it flush with the fuselage and then end up polishing the whole thing clear again loosing most or all the window frames.

P1013013.JPG
P1013017.JPG
P1013018.JPG

Last edited:
A lot of work with a file and here's what I ended up with. Not a lot of the window frames left.

P1013021.JPG

By the time I had wet sanded it through 800 grit none were left.

P1013022.JPG

Here it is after the polishing pads through 12,000 grit. nice and smooth but I think I'm going to have to buy the Eduard mask set because I don't have a clue where the window frames go now :dontknow:

P1013023.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back