**** DONE: GB-46 1:72 C-46 Commando - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some more work done before I spend the weekend working on the wall.

The Eduard masks on, along with the masking of the de-icing boots

20200827_150223.jpg

Pre-shading

20200827_154052.jpg

A light coat of Neutral Gray sprayed on the underside

20200827_161216.jpg

That's it until next week

Thanks guys

I put all the decals on tonight. I wanted to do a C-46 that was flying the "Hump" between India and China but could find no after market decals so I made it up from the spairs box, the only decals from the kit being the national insignia. The numbers on the tip of the nose are actually the small placement numbers on a decal sheet placed on a painted white diamond. The nose art was taken from 2 different decal sheets from my spairs so it's a totally fictional C-46. Don't go checking the serial, its from a P-47D-15. I did the best I could to make it look like one of the Commandos flying the hump. "Flying the Hump In Ordinal World War II Color" by Jeff Ethell & Don Downie has been indispensable to me in the paint scheme and decals for this build.

Started brushing on the Future tonight so still have hope of finishing.

P1013030.JPG
P1013031.JPG
P1013032.JPG

Put in about 4 hours of work on it this morning and its getting very very close.

Finished the last coat of Future at 5:00am before I went to bed than went to work on it as soon as I woke up. Did the panel line work, added the directional antenna football, painted the tires, did some touch up painting hear and there, sprayed on dull coat, put on the pastel exhaust staining, more dull coat to seal it glued on the engines and pealed off the canopy masks.
All that's left is the landing gear and I'll do that before I go to work tonight, than the props and final pictures tomorrow.

P1013033.JPG
P1013034.JPG
P1013035.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back