**** DONE: GB-50 1/48 FW190D-11 with R4M rockets – Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys.

Ok, have painted and prepped the wheels and put them in place, have done a pastel wash in the panel lines and glossed the canopy too....

69_Wheels prepped_8659.jpg
70_Panel Lines_8707.jpg
71_Panel Lines_8710.jpg
72_Panel lines & wheels_8712.jpg
73_Glossed canopy_8713.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Props and Spinner assembled and painted, cut down undercarriage covers painted and installed as well.

Now I discovered to my dismay that my Rocket set did not have the front portion of the R4M rockets which came in 2 halves to be assembled.....bummer.
So I decided to use the rockets from a couple of sets left over from a couple of Tamiya Me262's...
The problem, first I had to separate all rockets as the set was staggered to fit the Me262 wing, second their Diameter is too big at 1.3mm so each had to be fitted to a small drill chuck back end first then sanded carefully with a sanding stick and as evenly as possible to a 1mm diameter, checking with a set of calipers during the process.
Then sand the fins back to the same Diameter after removing from the chuck holder.........repeat 26 times....!!!! Thankfully I only broke 2....
74_Prop & Spinner_8715.jpg
75_Undercarriage Covers_8720.jpg
76_Undercarriage Covers_8722.jpg
77-R$M Rocket Prep_8735.jpg

Been a bit busy this week......but chuggin' away, plastic cannons removed and replaced with Brass tube, fitted and painted.

Have also finished the Rocket too, painted and fitted to the racks today.......but left my camera at work...glad I transferred the cannon pics last night..!

78_Cannon Prep_8738.jpg
79_Brass Cannons_8742.jpg
80_Cannons Fitted_8744.jpg
81_Cannons painted_8746.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back