**** DONE: GB-50 1:48 Republic P-47D-2-RA Thunderbolt - Zombie Build

Not bad at all.....yellow is a tough colour.....
 
So some more grey done, and the first rough coat of OD on top of a layer of undercoat. The cowl still has loads of masking on it, as it needs another coat or two of OD .

All painting is by brush, so is a little less than perfect.
PXL_20210712_151836428.jpg
 
Looking good though. :thumbright:
 
So a bit more progress.

Between the woes that took me out of the last GB and losing two family members to Covid in 5 days this week, and my own medical woes (blurry eyes and side effects of long term medication), I'm fighting this build every step, just to stay in.
I've made peace with the fact that it will be far from perfect, and something I'll have to revisit in the future, but I WILL complete it.
The worst thing about the decals so far is that they are not opaque enough- the nose art shows the base colours underneath.
received_237049161413711.jpeg
 
Sorry to hear of your difficulties and hope the future is brighter.

Translucent decals are a pain. If one knew they would be that way then a white patch under the decal is one solution but it's not always possible with fine detail.
I might try to free-hand fill in the details with the correct colour one day, but right now it's too much effort.

I think, as long as I get something done, I can carry on. I have too many shelf-queens. Hopefully, a "completed" will get me out of my slump.
 
Good work so far!
+1 :thumbright:
 
Looking real nice.
That looks like the old Monogram Razorback kit to me.
Very possible- between a move and my bad memory, it could very well be.
 
Well, between needing a new prescription for my glasses, and assorted other woes, progress has been slow. I have, however, done a few little bits. I have decided not to include the pilot after all, and have attached the canopy and painted the frame, and now just need to paint the wheels and props- photos to follow soon!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back