**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 B-24H Hotcha Baby/ Me Worry!!?- Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A lot of this should be visable through the waist windows although you'll have to look close to see it, but there is a lot I'm NOT doing. The bomb bay doors will be closed so that saves me all the work I did there on Booby Trap. Other than the bomb sight nothing can be seen in the nose so that will be left alone too.

Some added detail in the cockpit

The pictures from Whichcraft show a bulkhead right behind the pilots seats that are not in the kit as can be seen by the assembly of only the kit parts in the third picture In the fourth picture I've added the bulkhead made by cutting up the rear bomb bay bulkhead which I will not be using and also making up the radio operator table out of plastic sheet. Other than adding the radio operators seat (stolen from the nose) I won't be adding anything else behind the new bulkhead, but I will definitely be sprucing up the forward cockpit some with various boxes I have made up and can be seen laying about in the fourth picture.

P1020066.JPG
P1020065.JPG

P1013503.JPG
P1013505.JPG

Thanks Andy, that would be great

Sorry for the delay:

If you hit the right arrow there are 4 more pages from different areas in the plane.

Last edited:
I did some work on it yesterday after being away for a week

I just could not leave the waist area along so added some internal ribs. Even though it can hardly been seen, I'll know it's there.

P1013509.JPG

Most B-24's had insulation padding covering the cockpit walls so I scratched in some cross hatching to replicate it

P1013510.JPG

More time spent smoothing out the joint between the main fuselage and the nose and restoring panel lines

P1013511.JPG

Closed up the bombardier's side windows and filled the big sinkhole on the left side of the nose. Still have to carve in the 'S' shaped panel ling unique to the B-24H's. The rest of the nose mods will happen after I get the fuselage halves together

P1013512.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back