**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 B-24H Hotcha Baby/ Me Worry!!?- Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After a few years sitting on the display shelf the horizontal stabilizer of the first Minicraft B-24 I built begin to sag so I added some internal aluminum tubing to prevent it.

P1013513.JPG

The bomb bay doord had no detail to I scribed in some lines before gluing them in. Turned out to be a real nice fit.

P1013514.JPG

I slapped on some paint to the cockpit insert and the interior fuselage walls. Still a lot to go in these areas

P1013515.JPG
P1013516.JPG

You're not the only one Andy

I decided to add some of the lower structure to the top turret ring along with making up a seat

P1013517.JPG
P1013525.JPG

Finished up the cockpit. Stole the bombadear's stool and put it by the radio operators table along with a radio on the table that will never be seen. Also added wine foil harnesses and some boxes behind the seats on the new bulkhead.

P1013526.JPG

P1013527.JPG

Also made up some control boxes for the cockpit walls

P1013522.JPG
P1013524.JPG

Lastly, finished up the waist compartment side walls

P1013521.JPG
P1013523.JPG

Good stuff Glenn.
Got me wanting to do my 1/48th B-24J (as a Bungay-based "H" model) - but I need to find room for that monster !!
Know what you mean Terry. I've had the Monogram B-24D stored on its box for over 20 years, done except the final paint and installing the wings because I don't have a space big enough to display it.

Some love going into that one Glenn.
Yep. When I found those pictures on the 484th's web site I just had to build it. Just lucky it fit into this group build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back